About Watch D.O.G.S.
WatchDOGS is a Dad’s program (Dads Of Great Students) designed to support the school by incorporating Dads into the school. WatchDOGS not only serve to help provide safety and security to the school but to also interact with students at all grade levels. WatchDOGS is a program offered to schools through the National Center for Fathering.
Being a FME Watch DOG is open to Fathers, Grand-Fathers, or Father figures of FME students.
What we do
- Always wear Official Uniform T-shirts while they are on official WatchDOG duty
- ENCOURAGE STUDENTS! (With lots of smiles and high fives, etc.)
- Help with traffic flow of vehicles and students at arrival and dismissal times
- Monitor hallways and entrances
- Monitor buildings – inside/outside
- Assist at lunch
- Assist at recess, study hall, social times
- Eat lunch with students
- Play or referee on the playground or in the gym
- Read with classes or tutor small groups of students
- Work with flash cards and/or educational games
- Actively and positively engage with their student and others
- Speak to classes about importance of education and career choices
- Be available to mentor and provide a positive role model to students
- Be chaperones on fieldtrips and away games/activities
- Assist coaches and activity sponsor
- Help students with test review
- Support fine arts classes (i.e. band, choir, art, yearbook, etc.) with your presence and/or experience
- Smile and be a hero for a day!
What we should NOT do
- Go into students’ (girls or boys) restrooms
- Be alone or unsupervised with students
- Espouse political or religious beliefs to students
- Sell or give their official WATCH D.O.G.S.® T-shirt to someone who isn’t an approved WatchDOG volunteer.
- Engage in any conduct that brings disrespect to himself or his student(s), the
School and/or the WATCH D.O.G.S.® Program and other volunteering fathers.
Start by filling out the Registration Form and a coordinator will get back to you.