You can expect to spend about 30 minutes in your child’s class as well as lunch and recess with their class. You can also expect to get a picture taken with your child for the WATHDOGS HALL OF FAME wall.
Volunteer a “DOG” Day
Fathers, stepfathers, grandfathers and uncles are asked to spend at least one day at school volunteering as security monitors, reading mentors, sports referees, listening ears or for whatever needs to be done to plant seeds of success in the lives of children. A full day is one of the most rewarding experiences you can every hope to have. You get the opportunity to really engage with children and see how much they enjoy you being there. Be warned: if you do one day, your child is always going to ask you when you are coming back for another.
Morning Drop-Off/Afternoon Pick-Up
Drop-offs and pick-ups are the busiest times at the school. Help is always needed to make sure that the children safely make it to their destination, either to the school or a vehicle. Directing cars, keeping the children clear of traffic and slowing down those in a hurry are just a few ways to ensure this.
Several Times a year we are requested for help with special events. Requests are sent out to the Watchdogs via the watchodgs email Registered list.
- 7:30-7:45 – Checkin at Ft Office and get schedule
- 7:30-7:50 – Greet/Open Car Doors out front
- 7:50-8:00 – Intro and Picture w/child for Watchdog Wall
- 8:00-8:30 – Assigned duties with Kindergarden
- 8:30-9:00 – Assigned duties with 1st Grade
- 9:00-9:25 – Assigned duties with 2nd Grade
- 9:25-9:45 – Assigned duties with 4th Grade
- 9:45-10:25 – Assigned duties with 5th Grade
- 10:25-12:20 – *Lunch with your child and Lunch duty
- 11:00-12:50 – *Recess with your child and Recess duty
- 1:30-2:00 – Assigned duties 4th Grade Science
- 1:15-2:00 – Assigned duties 3rd Grade
- 2:00-2:50 – Assigned duties with the Front Office
- 2:50 – Assist with dismissal (Front Drive)
Your actual schedule will vary and be tailored for you to have lunch and recess with your child(ren).